- For accurate results, make sure your hands are clean. Before and after every test, wash your hands with warm, soapy water and dry them well. Make sure there is no grease, oil, lotion or alcohol on your fingertips. Make sure your hands are free of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not move test strips from one cartridge to another. If you do, you could mix up the dates of the two sets of strips and affect the condition of the strips. This could compromise your test results.
Use Strips Within One Month
- Once the cartridge foil is open, the strips must be used within 1 month, regardless of the use by date.
- Note the use by date on the test strip cartridge and don’t use strips that have expired.
- Upon removing a test strip from the cartridge, it must be used within 3 minutes.
- Never buy used strips or an open box cartridge of strips.
Tips for Success
- Write the date on each cartridge of strips as you open it.
- Do not move test strips from one cartridge to another.
- Never reuse strips. Use a new strip for each measurement.
- Don't flood the strips - you only need a tiny drop of blood!